As of 12:00pm, March 23rd, 2020 Kailua Racquet Club will be closed, and will remain closed until April 30th, 2020.
COVID-19 Response Updates & Actions
The KRC Board of Directors, in conjunction with the staff and vendors at the Kailua Racquet Club are responding to the unforeseen & unfortunate pandemic of the COVID-19 Virus. The club remains open at this time, and as decisions are made we will update this page for our members, staff, and community.
- All adult & junior lessons are cancelled (practices, private lessons, group, etc). This is until further notice. We must put the health and safety ahead of everything
- Guest privileges are temporarily suspended; until further notice
- All drinking fountains and common drinking containers will be disabled/bagged to prevent community spread. Please bring enough water for your play, should you decide to play tennis @ KRC
- The ice machine has been turned off. All pitchers have been removed. If you must use a disposable cup, please do NOT reuse it
- Weekend coffee service is suspended
- Ginniberries will be take-out only. For to-go service please email them at email@example.com
- The KRC Bar is closed until further notice
- The lanai furniture will be moved in a manner that prevents gathering
- Please avoid placing personal items on tables and common areas, rather place these items on the ground (tennis bags, used tennis balls, etc)
- ALL USTA leagues are postponed until at least April 20, 2020
- The Wellness Center will close March 17, 2020 until further notice. Contact Deb at (808)722-8923 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Groups of 10 are more are discouraged, as announced by the White House/CDC on 3/16/2020
- We have implemented the daily disinfecting of common areas and frequently touched objects & items by our KRC team at the club
COVID-19 is a virus that is now spreading throughout the world, including here on our island of Oahu. The health and safety of our members and staff are paramount, and we would like to encourage all members to practice a few key things to help us all stay healthy during this unfortunate crisis.
- If you feel sick stay home
- Please place tennis bags on the ground vs tables
- Stay up-to-date by referencing the CDC website and The World Health Organization as well as Hawaii's Health Department site.
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap. Be sure to get under your fingernails!
- Avoid touching your face
- Avoid contact with those who are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then dispose of the tissue and wash your hands
- After contact with others (shaking hands, high fives) wash your hands
- Disinfect items and surfaces that are commonly touched